I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter holiday – Primary 1 were telling me all about what they had been up to when we did our writing today.
A few dates/notes for this term:
- Primary 1 took their indoor shoes home before the Easter holidays – some pairs were a little tatty and needed replacing. Can you ensure your child has a pair for indoor use in school please and for use in the gym hall. Some children are struggling with lacing up their shoes – maybe velcro would be easier for the time being.
- Next week the school is closed on Monday 1st May and Thursday 4th May is an in-service day – the school will be used as a polling station and is only open to the staff.
- The following week is a busy week.
- There will be a parent’s open afternoon on Wednesday 10th May – Parents Open Afternoon – parents are invited to come in and have a look around the school from 2pm onwards. You can come visit your child’s classrooms, have a look at displays and view some of your children’s work. There will also be a book sale in the gym hall.
- Thursday 11th May – Primary 1 will be going on a woodland walk/outdoor learning trip with the nursery boys and girls as part of their transition into school. We will be leaving after lunchtime and will be back in time for the end of the school day. Everyone will need their outdoor clothes and waterproofs for this.
- Friday 12th May – Primary 1 Achievement Assembly – Next week I will send home ‘leaf’ sheets as a short homework task. P1 will need to note down a recent achievement – it can be something in or out of school. For example, ‘I gained a new coloured belt in Karate’. The children will read these out to the rest of the school at assembly on the Friday afternoon in celebration of their achievements! 🙂